Chicago Area Business Corporate Law Firm
Even as the economy continues to recover, many small and midsized businesses are challenged by weak to modest demand combined with high prices and little or no access to credit. It’s still rough out there. Whether you’re fortunate enough to be riding an upswing, you’re considering restructuring options, or your business is anywhere in between, we can help you get where you want to go.
KSN is a trusted advisor and consultant to businesses at all stages on a wide range of matters, including leases, operating agreements, workouts and restructuring, insurance and taxes.
Startups and New Businesses
Our corporate attorneys can:
- Help you choose the type of business entity that best fits your needs
- Structure and organize the entity, including drafting and reviewing shareholder (buy/sell) agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements and other governing instruments
- Assist you with employment-related matters, including employment agreements and employee handbooks
- Negotiate, draft and review loan documents, financing agreements, real estate leases, equipment leases and supplier agreements
- Acquire the right insurance
- Understand and manage your risk profile, including your personal risk profile
We Know Doctors
Over the years we have gained extensive experience in providing guidance on issues specific to physicians and their practices, including entity formation, financing, insurance and even the sale of your practice. Contact us today and we can provide reliable, efficient solutions to whatever issues lie ahead.
Established Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
Our business lawyers can:
- Assist with compliance with laws and regulatory matters, including preparation and filing of annual reports and drafting corporate minutes
- Assist you with employment-related matters, including employee stock option plans, discrimination claims and succession planning
- Resolve internal and external disputes, from disputes with clients/customers (including collecting delinquent accounts), suppliers and vendors to construction disputes and mechanics liens
- Work with tax professionals and financial consultants to assist your business in reducing tax consequences and risk, and maximizing profits
- Collaborate with tax professionals, financial consultants and insurance professionals to assist you in reducing tax consequences and risk, and maximizing profits
- Lead mergers & acquisitions from initial discussions all the way through closing
- Help you develop a comprehensive and successful exit strategy, including:
- Satisfaction of financing/investor issues
- Dispositions of commercial real estate, equipment and other assets.
- Tax planning
- Provide comprehensive solutions with respect to business and succession planning, including estate planning and administration
- Resolving disputes among shareholders or partners through a variety of means including mediation
- Negotiating and documenting creditors’ claims, workouts and bankruptcies
- Recommending and working with attorneys and other business professionals who can assist you with restructuring
Make the Smart Move. Hire the Right Law Firm.
When budgets are tight, the last thing you need is a big bill from your law firm. Choose KSN for just the help you need, provided by experienced Chicago business attorneys who can guide you in the right direction. Please complete the contact form to the left for prompt attention to your legal needs. We look forward to helping your business thrive.